Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Magnificent Margret Mahy

This term on the 20 of may the Tumu hub went into town for our PBL. We took the bus to Margaret Mahy but  then we walked to Victoria Square with Miss Brown and we learnt that Captain James Cook was the first one to discover  New Zealand ,  then Margaret Mahy with Miss Carney and she talked about the patterns around the cherry trees and what they are called. 

The second to last activity was the mat’s and the Tuna with Miss Bryce she talked about how many babies can a Eel have and what age do they have them Then the last activity was the Waka and we learnt that the people who first came to New Zealand took the waka from their country to here. 


My favourite part of the trip was Margaret Mahy because we got to sketch the patterns. As well as the writing on the concrete looked really neat and we got to play for 10 minutes . 


Something I learnt was that after the 2010 and the 2011 earthquake  the Margaret Mahy playground used to have a pool and the cherry trees were replanted from Margaret Mahy’s Garden. 


The thing I found the most interesting was Victoria Square because we could see all the poppatterns and the status and the kai table and what it was built out of. 


This trip has helped me with my PBL because now I know where I live and why Otautahi is a special place to live in for New Zealanders and other cultures.  

Thanks for reading Bye




1 comment:

  1. Hi Francesca,
    It sounds like you had a really great time. I liked how you explained what happened during the trip. Just remember to proofread your work for spelling errors. My favourite part of the trip was going on the waka. How did you get so many facts about Margaret Mahy?
    Lewys

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post